Description: We are seeking Research and Development analysts and interns with a passion for winning through mathematics, data analysis and computation. Our R&D group helps shape our Baseball Operations decision making processes through the analysis and interpretation of data. Our interns work both individually and collaboratively, coming up with interesting research questions to tackle, finding ways to answer those questions with the data at our disposal, communicating the results of their research to decision makers and other staff, and working to apply the results of their research to improve how our organization operates. We desire candidates who want to make an impact on how our organization makes decisions, will challenge the status quo and explore new ways to make us better.
· Statistical modeling and quantitative analysis of a variety of data sources, for the purpose of player evaluation, player development and strategic decision making.
· Communicating with front office, coaching, player development, scouting and medical staffs to design and interpret research and to apply actionable findings.
· Designing tools to help support decision making processes throughout our organization.
· Working collaboratively with and assisting other members of our department with your areas of expertise.
· Collecting private and public data for additional analysis.
· Ad hoc research and quantitative analysis in support of general Baseball Operations tasks.
· A strong foundation in mathematics, statistics, computer science and/or engineering.
· Some experience with computer programming. Experience with R, Python, and/or Stan preferred.
· Experience solving complex problems in a rigorous way.
· Creativity to discover new avenues of research with the potential to help us win.
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check.