This position will be responsible for providing general accounting/bookkeeping support to the Accounting Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; (other duties may be assigned)
- Administration of corporate credit card programs, review of expense reports, reconciliation of credit card accounts and recording of expenses to the general ledger,
- Prepare daily bank deposits,
- Record daily cash receipt and cash disbursement transactions in the general ledger system,
- Auditing of commissions,
- General ledger account analysis of various revenue accounts,
- Bank account reconciliations,
- Assist in the annual audit and tax compliance process by providing supporting documentation,
- Assist with various administrative duties, including filing.
The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail,
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills,
- Great Plains experience a plus,
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team,
- The individual will be expected to take ownership of his/her work product.
Education/and or Experience:
BA in accounting or one year of accounting experience in the workplace preferred.