Quantitative Analysis Internship
The Los Angeles Angels Quantitative Analysis department is seeking passionate individuals to join our team for the 2018 season. Applicants can come from any discipline or background as long as you have the curiosity, open-mindedness, and perseverance to solve difficult problems. Start and end dates are flexible, and we will consider applicants who are available for only the summer of 2018.
As a Quantitative Analysis Intern, you will help craft the path of our Baseball Operations department. You will process, analyze, and interpret large and complex data, working side-by-side with our analysts to develop and answer pertinent research questions. Your research will help us create new metrics, models, and tools to be used across all facets of Baseball Operations. You will also be given the tools and resources to learn, grow, and develop. Our goal is not only to find interns who can help us in 2018, but to also find people who have the skills to become long-term members of the department.
Examples of things you will do during the internship:
- Build predictive models and perform quantitative analysis using of a variety of data sources
- Conduct statistical research projects and manage the integration of their outputs into proprietary tools and applications
- Provide input in architecting the storage of baseball data
- Ad hoc queries and quantitative research in support of general Baseball Operations tasks
You should have:
- Experience working with and real-world data sets and the research process
- Ability to convey complex findings to a broad audience
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Familiarity with technical computing (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, etc.)
In addition to handling the essential functions of your internship, we desire counter-intuitive thinkers who will take initiative and explore new research opportunities. Previous interns have developed ideas that have changed the way the organization approaches important challenges and we hope you will bring the same mindset with you.
The Angels truly believe that diversity contributes to a more enriched collective perspective and a better decision-making process. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can, and we encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Please note that we do not offer relocation assistance.
Instructions to Apply:
Your online application MUST inlcude an attached resume and answer the question at the end of the application.
Angels Baseball is an equal opportunity employer.