Baseball Operations Internship
The Los Angeles Angels Baseball Operations department is seeking passionate individuals to join our team for the 2018 season. Applicants can come from any discipline or background as long as you have the curiosity, open-mindedness, and perseverance to take on difficult problems.
As a Baseball Operations Intern, you will be fully immersed in our department, collaborating with front office executives and performing meaningful work from day one. Your work will be dynamic, challenging you in new ways every single day. You will also be given the opportunity and resources to learn, grow, and develop over the course of the internship. Not only are we looking for interns to contribute to our process in 2018, but we are also intent on finding people with the necessary skills and traits to become long-term members of our department.
Examples of things you will do during the internship:
- Create, organize, and distribute Major League advance scouting reports to our coaching staff
- Develop visualizations and other mechanisms for communicating information to Baseball Operations personnel
- Perform player evaluations combining statistics, video, and other data sources
- Assist with special projects as assigned
You should have:
- Creativity, strong attention to detail, and a growth mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team on complex projects
- Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
- A flexible schedule with availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
In addition to handling the essential functions of your internship, we desire counter-intuitive thinkers who will take initiative and explore new research opportunities. Previous interns have developed ideas that have changed the way the organization approaches important challenges and we hope you will bring the same mindset with you.
The Angels truly believe that diversity contributes to a more enriched collective perspective and a better decision-making process. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can, and we encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Please note that we do not offer relocation assistance. Preference is given to candidates who are able to meet our availibity needs (flexible hours, evenings, weekends and holidays).
Instructions to Apply:
Your online application MUST inlcude an attached resume and answer the question at the end of the application.
Angels Baseball is an equal opportunity employer.