Description: This position is a summer internship geared to introduce current students or recent graduates to Quantitative Analysis within Baseball Operations
· Assist in research and analysis of various baseball topics
· Design, test and implement predictive models using advanced statistical techniques
· Responsibilities may also include data collection and entry, running database queries and administrative tasks
· Pursuing or possessing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
· Computer programming experience, preferably with experience in a statistical computing language such as R or Matlab.
· Experience using SQL
· Familiarity with current baseball research
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. The New York Yankees is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.