Department: Athletic Training
Job Title: Certified Athletic Trainer
Reports To: Director of Athletic Training
Job Purpose: Certified Athletic Trainer in the minor league player development system of the Cincinnati Reds to provide outstanding quality medical care to our future Major League athletes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Typical daily tasks consist of but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and operation of athletic training room
- Planning and executing the daily evaluations
- Treatments of injuries/illnesses
- Plan and execute the rehabilitation and functional progressions of athletes as discussed with Director of Athletic Training and Director of Physical Therapy
- Provide medical field coverage of games and practices as schedule dictates
- Ensure proper field set-up and preparation to ensure a safe playing environment for the health and well-being of players and staff
- Communicate effectively to relay pertinent information in a timely manner to the Director of Athletic Training and team physicians when appropriate
- Assist with duties as assigned by Director of Athletic Training.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates for the duties assigned by department standards and expectations.
Experience, Education, Licensure, Certifications and Requirements:
- College graduate and NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer required
- Maintain applicable state licensures and certifications, in good standing, to practice as a Certified Athletic Trainer in location assigned by the club
- Previous work/educational experiences that have prepared the candidate for a start in professional baseball.
- Bilingual candidates are preferred but not required. (Spanish/English)
- Work is normally performed in a typical Athletic Training room work environment; HIPAA compliance and discretion are required.
- Employee will have “game-day” responsibilities where the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Required work hours will include nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Location of employment will be assigned by the club, to one of our affiliation cities around the United States and may be out of the country at our development complex currently located in the Dominican Republic.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organizational Policies and Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Meet Athletic Training Department productivity standards and expectations.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.