Reporting to the Manager of Security, the Special Police Officer, licensed with the Security Officer Management Branch, provides a safe and pleasant environment for all visitors, guests and employees to the property. Special Police Officer performs protective and enforcement functions when coping with undesired behavior, disturbance, crime, threats of life and property. In all situations, the Officers perform their duties in a courteous, professional and restrained manner, through legal methods approved and in compliance with provisions of the District of Columbia Code, Sections 4-114 and 4-115 and company policies.
This is a full-time, year round position and is designated as an “essential employee.” As such, the Special Police Officer may be required to stay beyond regular work hours and/or report in from off-duty to assist with minimum staffing coverage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs duties in a respectful, professional and dignified manner ensuring compliance with established standards.
- Conducts the required patrols as outlined by your Post Instructions and Supervisor Informational Updates in a manner that is investigative, complete, competent and dedicated to the standards of the company.
- Responsible for maintaining order on the property, utilizing the respect, care and to the greatest extent possible, positive customer service in dealing with guests, visitors, employees and unknown individuals.
- Responsible for ensuring that trespassers and undesirable individuals are kept off of the property, utilizing the legal methods outlined in the provided policies and procedures. Take recommended action to deal with undesired conduct and law violations in compliance with established policy; make no mistaken accusations.
- Prepared to take immediate and appropriate action in responding to emergencies, situations and events as situations dictate.
- Submit well-written and comprehensive reports setting forth facts of complaints, observations, actions taken and investigative findings.
- Advise the Supervisor, On-Duty-Manager of all activities that would be of interest, importance or concern regarding the property or any activity at the Stadium.
- Complete all duties as otherwise assigned in a timely and professional manner.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma; Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred.
- Two years related experience and/or training.
- Must possess SOMB Special Police Officer license.
- Must be a U.S Citizen.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Excellent organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, deliver effective results and consistently meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Understands the need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data.
- An effective communicator orally and written with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet manipulation.
- Competent keyboard skills to produce accurate and well presented documents.
- Ability to operate under pressure.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Strong ability to create and thrive in a team environment.
- Attention to detail including excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and a desire to build a career in professional sports.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Knowledge of MLB Security policies and procedures preferred.
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.