Reporting to the Manager of Ticket Services, the Inside Service Representative is responsible for providing exceptional service to all traditional partial season plan holders as well as renewing them for the next season. This is accomplished by establishing and maintaining relationships through phone conversations and face to face interactions.
The primary responsibilities of the position will include making outbound calls to Partial Season Plan Holders through scheduled call campaigns, referrals, group/season ticket sales as well as providing superior customer service and general information. The position is responsible for upgrades and renewals of current Partial Season Plan Holders and requires use of CRM to notate accounts. Additionally, the position supports elements of the Nationals online loyalty program (Red Carpet Rewards) and ticket exchange program. This position also will participate in continuous training that will enable knowledgeable interfacing with the Nationals ticketing platforms.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make 40-50 outbound calls per day; additionally answer inbound calls from the Inside Service Hotline.
- Maximize Partial Plan account holder’s renewal percentage by providing outstanding customer service to assigned accounts via all contact touch points.
- Responsible for upselling current accounts, generating referrals, and cross-selling groups, hospitality areas and luxury suites.
- Contribute positively to the sales team culture by developing mutually beneficial working relationships with all team members.
- Participate and contribute to sales team meetings and training sessions.
- Establish and implement levels of service and fulfillment for all Washington Nationals customers that sets the standard in MLB and professional sports.
- Visits and hosts prospects and current clients during home games.
- Proactive, self-starter that has the ability to provide superior levels of customer service to all Nationals fans.
- Work game day events to service and assist with season plan holders, premium seat customers and fans with issues pertaining to ticketing or event operations.
- Staff Season Plan Holder Lounge and Red Carpet Rewards locations on game days.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 1 year experience in customer service.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Candidate must be sufficient in Microsoft Excel and tablet technology (i.e. iPad).
- Excellent organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and consistently meet strict deadlines with effective results. Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Able to work nights, holidays, and weekends, including Nationals home games with additional hours included for office work.
- Must be able to address and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Punctual and reliable attendance.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.