Department: Ticket Sales
Reports to: Inside Sales Manager
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a Sales Consultant in the academy of our ticket sales department. This position will report directly to the Inside Sales Manager. The position is an entry level, training heavy role ultimately responsible for maximizing revenue for the Ticket Sales Department through the proactive, outbound sales of season tickets, group tickets, and suites. This is a full time position that exposes you to the business of sports, gives unprecedented access to high-level executives within the A’s, and offers the potential for career growth to successful individuals within our organization. The position also participates in special projects, as assigned, to support department objectives and offers a rare opportunity to grow your professional sports sales career in an exciting and supportive training environment.
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals with integrity while surpassing client expectations in customer service.
- Selling season tickets, group tickets, and suites to clients via outbound phone calls, face-to-face appointments, game day marketing, off-site networking events, incoming inquiries, etc.
- Performing game day duties including visiting clients, staffing the sales table, and assisting with various department and company events.
- Engaging in civic activities, attending community events, and representing the A’s at off-site events to prospect for new business.
- Compliance with CRM, including maintaining an accurate dashboard; working within the system on all campaigns and initiatives; and properly documenting activities, touch points, rewards/gifts, etc.
- Meeting or exceeding key performance indicators as determined by the Inside Sales Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the managerial staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior sports/sales experience preferred.
- Have a strong work ethic and a desire to build a career in professional sports.
- Be self-directed and able to work independently and with integrity.
- Able to work non-traditional hours.
- Candidate must possess a positive team-first attitude, the competitive desire to succeed, and the desire to learn.
- Must possess excellent personal and professional communication skills.
- Candidate must possess strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Dynamics CRM, and related software skills.
The Oakland A’s are an Equal Opportunity Employer.