Under the direction of the VP Human Resources the HR Manager will provide guidance and support to hiring managers and employees in all recruiting related matters.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Recruitment process from beginning to end.
- Counsel hiring managers on recruitment strategy and assist with completing Recruiting Paperwork: Authorization to Hire, Job Descriptions, and New Hire Forms.
- Perform salary assessments for positions where needed.
- Prepare Job Descriptions and post all job advertisements.
- Screen applicants and conduct telephone and in person interviews with candidates.
- Perform reference checks.
- Prepare and send out offer letters.
- Represent the Nationals at recruiting events.
- Conduct New Hire Orientations for front office staff.
- Manage the Intern Program.
- Administer the employee referral bonus process.
- Assist with establishing diversity and inclusion goals and supporting those goals through recruiting initiatives including developing and enhancing relationships HBCs and other diversity focused groups in the DC Metro area.
- Develop pipeline of talent for positions where we have frequent vacancy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field of study.
- Minimum and of 5 years recruiting experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Knowledge of all pertinent US federal and state employment laws.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective and constructive relationships by being attentive and responsive and show honesty and integrity when dealing with people.
- Understand how to manage information, balancing employee confidentiality with business needs; knows when to communicate upwards.
- Working knowledge of recruitment technology and processes, applicant tracking processes, career websites, and direct recruiting techniques.
- Ability to analyze information, draw conclusions, and develop solutions to problems.
- Ability to multi task, establish priorities, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and HRIS systems.
- Team and/or sports experience preferred.
- Knowledge of MLB policies and procedures preferred.
- Occasional weekend and/or evening work may be required.
- Minimal travel required.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment.