Under the direction of the VP Human Resources the Employee Relations Manager will work on programs designed to make the Nationals an employer of choice. He/she will assist managers and staff members as they work through employee relationships, behavior and performance-related problems.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively partner with managers to improve employee morale, reduce turnover and improve the experience of our guests at the ballpark.
- Administer the Performance Appraisal and Development Program.
- Assist with training and development programs.
- Ensure discipline and termination of employees is done consistently and in compliance with all applicable laws.
- Conduct exit interviews with employees via Survey Monkey and in person to determine the underlying reasons for separation of employment; also determines employee attitudes toward the company, supervisor, etc. and provides data to support trends.
- Coach Social Committee to provide quality programs to sustain morale and increase inclusiveness within the front office personnel.
- Works with and provides direction to HR coordinator in responding to unemployment claims.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field of study.
- Minimum of 5 years HR experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Knowledge of all pertinent US federal and state employment laws.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective and constructive relationships by being attentive and responsive and show honesty and integrity when dealing with people.
- Understand how to manage information, balancing employee confidentiality with business needs; knows when to communicate upwards.
- Ability to analyze information, draw conclusions, and develop solutions to problems.
- Ability to multi task, establish priorities, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and HRIS systems.
- Team and/or sports experience preferred.
- Knowledge of MLB policies and procedures preferred.
- Occasional weekend and/or evening work may be required.
- Minimal travel required.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment.