Corporate Sales Executive
Department: Ticket Sales
Reports to: Corporate Sales Manager
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a Full-Time Corporate Sales Executive. This position will report directly to the Corporate Sales Manager. Under general direction and supervision, the Corporate Sales Executive is responsible for promoting and selling Premium seating and suites at Oakland Coliseum to Corporate clients in the Bay Area. This position offers the potential for career growth to successful individuals within our organization. This candidate will also participate in special projects, as assigned, to support department objectives.
• Generate revenue through cold calls and face-to-face presentations to area companies to sell long term suite leases, premium season ticket plans, and individual game suites.
• Set and conduct out of office sales appointments throughout the Bay Area in addition to hosting appointments in our stadium.
• Entertain and nurture relationships with clients and prospects through creative means including but not limited to: networking events, speaking engagements, one-on-one dinners / lunches, prospect sampling at games, seat visits at games and outside meetings.
• Candidate must be willing to work non-traditional hours, weekends and game days.
• Achieve and exceed weekly, monthly and annual goals set by the Corporate Sales Manager.
• Attend special events and other live lead generating opportunities.
• Reach all individual revenue goals with integrity by working within the system outlined by
the Management team.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3-5 years’ experience working in sports sales/industry, preferably in Premium seating or suite sales
• Minimum 1-2 years of premium sales experience
• Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
• Candidate should possess an optimistic team-first attitude, as well as the competitive desire to succeed.
• Candidate should possess both the personal and professional communication skills to conduct face to face presentations.
• Demonstrated success in B2B sales.
• Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment and effectively influence and communicate with C-Level clients.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Candidate must have a strong work ethic and a desire to build a career in professional sports.
• Excellent communication skills and a high level of energy.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Dynamic CRM and related software skills.
• Ability to work flexible hour including nights, weekends, holidays, game day duties, and off-site events on non-game days
The Oakland A’s are an Equal Opportunity Employer.