Summary of Responsibilities:
The St. Louis Cardinals Direct Sales Representative (DSR) Program gives a DSR the opportunity to grow in their career in sports through sales and providing outstanding customer service on behalf of the organization. DSRs are responsible for selling Season Ticket Plans, specialty Packs, All-Inclusive and Group Tickets, as well as providing service to existing and prospective customers. This is an entry level position which provides for extensive training that may lead to opportunities to transition to positions in the Ticket Sales Department and other departments within the organization. The position is expected to begin in October of 2017 and continue until the end of baseball 2019. Candidates must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Sell season ticket plans, multi-game ticket packs, all-inclusive and group tickets through daily outbound and inbound phone calls and email leads.
- Actively prospect and research new sales leads.
- Work in tandem with the Season Ticket, Premium, and Group Sales departments to establish a seamless transition from sales to service.
- Provide excellent customer service during meetings with customers, during phone conversations and via email
- Cooperate with Ticket Services to respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer issues.
- Assist with game day responsibilities at all home games including pre-game entertainment, customer visits in suites and all-inclusive areas, and other service-oriented duties.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned to assist in the success of the Ticket Sales department and the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required for Program:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sports Management, or related field preferred.
- Experience in sports industry at college level and/or minor/major league level.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.). Ticketing system experience preferred.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally in the sports industry.