Reporting to the Manager of Client Retention, the Account Executive, Membership Services is responsible for providing exceptional service to all traditional and premium season plan holders by way of effective telephone and inter-personal interaction. This is accomplished by establishing and maintaining relationships, displaying a vast knowledge of our operations and working with a highly dedicated sales staff. In addition, responsible for maximizing season plan renewals by successfully performing the following duties.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maximize Full Season, Half Season account holders renewal percentage by providing outstanding customer service to assigned accounts via all contact touch points.
- Responsible for upselling current accounts, generating referrals, and cross-selling groups, hospitality areas and luxury suites.
- Contribute positively to the sales team culture by developing mutually beneficial working relationships with all team members.
- Participate and contribute to sales team meetings and training sessions.
- Establish and implement levels of service and fulfillment for all Washington Nationals customers that sets the standard in MLB and professional sports.
- Attain individual and department goals. Visits and hosts prospects and current clients during home games.
- Proactive, self-starter that has the ability to provide superior levels of customer service to all Nationals fans.
- Work game day events to service and assist with season plan holders, premium seat customers and fans with issues pertaining to ticketing or event operations.
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly reporting related to season plan renewals, ticket utilization and trends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years work experience in professional sports ticket sales and/or customer service.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Managing and servicing existing season plan accounts.
- Handling customer service and ticketing issues of assigned season plan accounts.
- Ability to learn and master new software programs including Tickets.com and Microsoft CRM.
- Ability to complete basic contract invoices, templates and outlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exemplary problem solving skills via phone and face to face interaction with clients.
- Prior use of ticketing systems such as tickets.com or Archtics preferred.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and/or frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations.
- Able to travel around the ballpark visiting clients during home games and able to escort and show potential clients various seating options around the ballpark.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Strong ability to create and thrive in a team environment.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Gameday: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.