Reporting to the Senior Director of Ticket Sales, the Account Executive of Membership Sales’ responsibilities include the planning, organizing, directing, controlling and execution of the company's sales and retention initiatives. The goals of the position are to achieve optimum ticket sales volume, and ensure the desired sales results, while performing the following duties:
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focus on increasing revenue and attendance through full menu selling opportunities, specializing in:
- NATS PLUS season ticket packages (full, half and partial plans).
- Group ticket sales (including theme nights and hospitality areas)
- Premium sales (including annual/nightly leases and club seating options)
- Renews and retains a specified listing of season ticket and group accounts on an annual basis.
- Coordinates and executes internal and external sales appointments on any and all potential customers through cold calling, prospecting and referrals from current customers.
- Creatively prospects for new business opportunities that will grow the Nationals season ticket and group client base.
- Attends/staffs numerous networking, marketing and community events within the DC Metro area.
- Attains individual and department sales goals as set by the Director, Ticket Sales and Vice President, Ticket Sales, Service & Operations.
- Maintains computerized records of all season ticket, group, and premium seating clients/prospects in company database (Microsoft CRM).
- Maintains a daily/weekly minimal outbound call volume.
- Visits and hosts prospects and customers during home games and specified Nationals sales events.
- Identifies opportunities to grow the current Nationals ticket base through up-selling and cross-selling.
- Provides A+ level customer service to all Nationals clients/prospects. Maintains and submits consistent and accurate personal sales pipeline and account status reports on a weekly basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years work experience in a sales specific capacity, preferably for a professional sports ticket sales, group sales or premium sales department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Contacting qualified and unqualified sales leads for new season package, group events and premium opportunities.
- Managing and servicing existing and prospective accounts at an exemplary level.
- Ability to speak clearly and present sales materials in front of top executives, clients and large groups.
- Ability to network with the region’s top decision makers.
- Ability to manipulate and complete basic contract invoices, templates and outlines.
- Overseeing the development and sale of fully-integrated theme nights targeted at specific groups within the DC Metro area.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Basic mathematical and writing skills.
- Able to travel around the ballpark visiting clients during home games and able to escort and show potential customers various seating options around the ballpark.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Professional image and demeanor.
- Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines while working on several complex projects simultaneously.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to master and utilize Tickets.com, Microsoft CRM, and full Microsoft Office suite.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Gameday: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.