Do you see yourself as a future leader in sports business?
Are you ready to take the first step in developing the skills & experience necessary to become a sports sales executive?
Would you like to learn from one of the most well-respected sales teams in sports, and become part of an organization that Forbes has named “The Best Place to Work in Sports”?
Here is your chance.
The Arizona Diamondbacks are hosting an invite-only Ticket Sales Showcase & Hiring Event on a date TBD at Chase Field.
D-backs executives will provide training on relationship based sales fundamentals, and allow attendees to showcase their talents for Inside Sales hiring managers. Candidates who impress during the forum will be interviewed & potentially offered a position on the D-backs Inside Sales team.
We are looking for candidates committed to growing their career in sports sales.
D-backs Inside Sales provides a full time entry-level platform for ambitious & career minded individuals to gain the training, experience, & connections necessary to build a long-term career in the sports industry.
D-backs Inside Sales provides a salary + commission based compensation package, including health benefits & various perks.
Over 100 current sports sales executives got their start in D-backs Inside Sales, including 80% of D-backs Account Executives.
- Reports daily to the Inside Sales Manager
- Works a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Makes 80-100 touchpoints (via phone call, email, text message, & social networking) per day from provided lists to set up face to face appointments at Chase Field
- Becomes proficient in all aspects of the ticket sales business, including retention of current clients, and selling ticket packages, group events, & premium suites.
- Answers incoming single game calls with the ability to up-sell callers into packages, groups, and suite rentals
- Maintains computerized records of all season ticket customers and prospective clients with our CRM system.
- Works games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned (i.e. answer phones, work sales booths, visit clients)
- Represents the D-backs in the most positive way on game days when interacting with clients and prospects at D-backs sales tables or at their seats
- Attends weekly staff meetings and Continued Sales Training
- Prospects and qualifies all potential sales opportunities in addition to the provided leads
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Inside Sales Manager
Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
Gameday: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or related field (or graduation date pending in 2017)
- Attention to detail including excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, as well as, very strong interpersonal skills.
- Desire to be a sales industry leader
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to present sales material to potential clients
- Highly proficient in the following software programs: (Word, /Excel/PowerPoint, databases).
- Commitment to personal integrity
- Open to learning
- Demonstrate ability to deliver effective results and meet tight deadlines in a sales environment.
- Strong work ethic and passion to build a career in professional sports sales.
The Arizona Diamondbacks are an Equal Opportunity Employer.