Angels Baseball is required by Major League Baseball to enforce all of the rules and regulations concerning security. This Security Host position is directly responsible for any person that enters ballpark areas and strict enforcement of the MLB guidelines. This is a non-union position.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Security patrols
- Access / gate controls
- Crowd control
- Directing traffic
- Conducting visual inspections of bags or packages
- Responding to radio calls as needed, calling in safety concerns and completing visual inspections and observing occurrences of areas being patrolled.
Position will ensure that MLB and Angels Baseball security standards are met; will be familiar with lists, guides and reference material provided by MLB; will communicate with stairway and elevator usher staff to ensure limited access to the secured park locations; and will handle other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- Prior journey level security guard experience desired
- CPR certification is a plus
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy, work well with others; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with fellow workers and supervisors, strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, remaining calm yet tactful when required.
- Must be observant and have the ability to think clearly in emergencies; giving accurate instructions and information to others.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours, including weekdays, weekends, holidays and evenings
Angels Baseball is an Equal Opportunity Employer.