Job Title:Public Safety Manager
Reports To:V.P. of Ballpark Operations
Job Purpose:Under the supervision of the Vice President of Ballpark Operations, this position will plan, establish, implement, and provide coordinated leadership and direction to all operational and administrative facets of the Public Safety Department and the physical security of Great American Ballpark for all times other than games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop appropriate systems and plans to direct, coordinate, and supervise the physical facility security functions and activities for Great American Ball Park in accordance to industry, organizational, and community expectations.
- Oversee and direct the performance and work schedules of the staff assigned to the Public Safety Department.
- Supervise the department in professional manner by the development of programs and opportunities to increase skills, knowledge and competencies.
- Responsible for developing work standards, plans, and measuring the performance and goal attainment of the staff assigned to the Command Center.
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, supervising, and training of the full-time and season part-time members assigned to Public Safety Department.
- Update the standard operational procedures for the Public Safety Department when conditions require it, but no less that annually.
- Prepare, manage and evaluate resources and budgets for the Public Safety department. Review and develop the departmental budget and approve expenditures, work orders and payables.
- Ensure all required equipment preventative maintenance and re-certification needs are completed in a timely manner including task scheduling, tracking and recording/filing proper documentation.
- Build effective and productive relationships within the organization, along with other employees, visitors and staff. Additionally, work with and develop effective working relationships within community.
- Routinely inspect the facility and grounds to ensure compliance with accepted security and safety protocols.
- While a regular weekly schedule will follow normal business hours of the organization, flexibility will be required in order to periodically cover shifts, working with shifts to better understand their needs, and be present for certain home games and events.
Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning,
- 7 years of experience in force management in a law enforcement or corporate security environment
- Previous work experience in preparing and managing budgets and polices
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and intrapersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability of fostering a culture of professionalism that routinely obtains initiatives and goals.
*In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, the candidate will be eligible with 10 years of experience in force management in a law enforcement or corporate security environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Successful history of developing budgets, work plans, and schedules
- Demonstrated history of conservative fiscal oversight and successful time management
- Ability to develop and implement accepted operational standards
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Candidate must be physically capable of moving about the Great American Ballpark facility.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed mostly in office settings; some outdoor work is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet Department productivity standards
- Insure that the areas under the Manager’s oversight work under accepted standards and regulations
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.