Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Reports to: Senior Director of Finance
Job Classification: Exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a Full-Time Financial Planning and Analysis Manager. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Finance. The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• Prepare financial reports, presentations, and analysis, including charts, graphs and other visual aids for Senior Management, Board and Investors.
• Monitor analysis of business trends, variances to budget/forecast, and key performance indicators.
• Develop, interpret, and implement complex financial concepts and models for financial planning and control and to aid in the validation of existing forecasts.
• Analyze financial information to forecast business, industry or economic conditions.
• Manage multiple short-term and long-term projects simultaneously, under changing environment.
• Assist in maintaining reporting library.
• Work closely with the data warehouse team to ensure quality, accessibility and consistency of data.
• Ad hoc reports and analysis as assigned by Senior Director and V.P. of Finance.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree, Finance, Accounting or Economics Emphasis preferred.
• 4 + years of relevant experience.
• Experience in Accounting Software, Great Plains and Reporting Software, Management Reporter preferred.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS CRM, Business intelligence tools and Dashboard reports.
• Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, financial modeling, data management, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
• Knowledge and understanding of general accounting principles.
• Ability to think creatively, highly driven, set priorities, problem solve, and self-motivated.
• Ability to manipulate and analyze large, complex, multi-dimensional data sets.
• Excellent people, oral and written communication skills.
The Oakland A’s are an Equal Opportunity Employer.