Reports to: Payroll Manager
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a Full-Time Payroll Specialist. This position will report directly to the Payroll Manager. The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing payroll for hourly employees and assisting with payroll for salaried employees.
• Process bi-weekly payroll for hourly employees and ensure timely payroll submissions.
• Assist with semi-monthly payroll for salaried employees.
• Enter all payroll related updates for employees in ADP, including wage and tax adjustments, garnishments, etc.
• Prepare and maintain account reconciliations for payroll related G/L accounts.
• Assist the Senior Accountant on payroll G/L coding and questions.
• Facilitate inquires and requests by staff regarding payroll in a timely manner.
• Review employee commission reports for accuracy and import into ADP for timely payment.
• Prepare payroll reports for review by management on a bi-weekly basis as well as ad hoc payroll reporting.
• Review ADP invoices and work with ADP to resolve discrepancies.
• Coordinate with HR to ensure timekeeping is accurate and complete.
• Participate in all Company audits, including but not limited to year-end financial audit, MLB revenue sharing audit, 401k audit, pension audit, and worker’s comp audit.
• Special projects as assigned by Payroll Manager or Senior Director of Finance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree, accounting emphasis preferred
• 3+ years of payroll experience required, including processing payroll for 100+ employees
• Experience with 3rd party payroll software, automated time-keeping systems, and Microsoft Excel required
• Experience with ADP Workforce Now a plus
• Knowledge of payroll tax practices and laws
• Understanding of accounting principles and ability to reconcile G/L accounts
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to handle confidential matters and information
• Highly motivated, with strong work ethic
• Ability to perform at the highest level in a deadline driven environment and unwavering attention to detail
• Effective time management skills
The Oakland A’s are an Equal Opportunity Employer.