Part Time Retail Lead Associate
Under the direction of Retail Operations Manager, this part time position oversees store operations and provides direction to retail associates in accordance with Company’s customer service standards and applicable operational standards.
This is a PART TIME/GAME DAY/SEASONAL position that requires daytime, nighttime, and weekend availability. The majority of the hours that we have to offer coincide with our game schedule. While you will be eligible for off-season hours, the frequency is reduced compared to the game schedule.
- Provide leadership to Associates in assigned locations.
- Opens and closes retail location as directed by management
- Assists retail Supervisors with the daily cash procedures and operations
- Monitors store floor, assist with guests needs and requests both on the floor and at the cashier area
- Performs exchanges, returns, and employee discounts upon request
- Provides direction to retail associates regarding store merchandising and displays.
- Ensures integrity of physical inventory and par levels
- Maintains cleanliness and safety standards throughout the retail shops
- Performs duties as assigned
Preferred Experience, Skills:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s customer service standards
- Ability to interact on a professional level with high profile clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with staff and prepare written reports
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change
- Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items.
- Minimum one year experience in a customer service and/or retail environment preferred
- Minimum six months experience in the Astros Team Store preferred
- Previous cash handling experience required
- Previous experience working with point of sale (POS) system required
- High school Diploma or GED required
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently.
- Bending, reaching, and climbing on step stool.
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we may not be able to respond to each applicant.
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access
Note: This position was originally posted on the Houston Astros employment site. To ensure that your application is
considered for this position, please tap "Apply" below to apply for this job on the Houston Astros employment site.