Manager of 24-Hour Security will report to the Director of Event Operations. This
position is responsible for developing and supervising all aspects of the overall security at
Kauffman Stadium. Responsibilities will include 24-hour security service.
• Administer all aspects of 24-hour security.
• Coordination (including installation, maintenance, upkeep and repair) of all physical security equipment, including CCTV, access control systems, defibrillators and alarm systems. Will direct the work of technicians or vendor-provided personnel assigned to security equipment projects.
• Advises management on the technical aspects of security and the development and maintenance of security policies and procedures.
• Conducts needs analysis, researches alternative solutions, and makes recommendations on security measures, techniques, methods and equipment. Plans, organizes and recommends the layout of security operations and systems.
• Performs security audit functions; such as, facility inspection, identification of vulnerabilities, and risk assessment. Conducts internal audits to verify compliance with established security plans. Develops management reports identifying opportunities for further improvement.
• Will respond to high profile or sensitive incidents.
• Schedule, review and approve in an effective and fair manner all shift personnel patrol activity reports, time and attendance, incident reports, etc., for accuracy and completeness.
• Supervise the training of new 24-hour security personnel.
• Maintain sufficient records, files, controls and procedures to ensure management and work production.
• Coordinate with the Director of Event Operations and supervise all administrative and operational aspects of 24-hour security at Kauffman Stadium.
• May be asked to provide some game day responsibilities.
• Supervise and coordinate the Safety Committee meetings.
• Develop and implement security policies and procedures for all visiting dignitaries.
• Ensure that all reports related to safety and security matters are submitted in a timely manner, and that pertinent information is provided to other departments as required.
• Conduct and/or supervise follow-up investigations and coordinate with the appropriate departments.
• Interact with associates as a resource for addressing safety and security concerns after normal business hours.
• May be asked to represent the Kansas City Royals in City Court
• Perform other duties assigned by the Vice President of Ballpark Operations and Director of Event Operations.
• Associates Degree in Criminal Justice Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Should possess a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in safety and corporate security, or equivalent experience in law enforcement or a related field and have a minimum of at least three years’ experience as a supervisor.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License, be able to operate KCR motor vehicle equipment,
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and have no criminal record.
• Experience and knowledge of security and law enforcement policies and procedures, access control, CCTV security camera’s, public safety training, and life safety programs is preferred.