Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre?established check sheet.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Performs minor HVAC work, cleans coils, and replaces filters, belts, motors pulleys and HVAC units.
- Operates heavy equipment (forklifts, scissor lifts, tug, boom lift, bobcat, etc.) under OSHA specifications.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- 5 years working experience in facility maintenance.
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry and HVAC.
- Valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Ability to read, writes, speaks and understands English fluently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use heavy equipment such as forklifts, scissor lifts, tug, boom lift, bobcat. Certification preferred.
- Work effectively under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors and facility users.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended workdays and extended number of consecutive days.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Maintenance: Worker will be subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme heat, extreme cold, noise, hazards and atmospheric conditions (fumes, odor, dust, mists, gases or poor ventilation).
- Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.