Job Title:Graphic Designer
Reports To:Director of Creative Operations
Term:June 26, 2017 – September 15, 2017
Job Purpose:Responsible for producing deliverables by assisting with production and design of all creative related projects
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with design team to manage projects and oversee workload
- Assist in planning and coordinating all Reds internal projects and graphic design related jobs
- Assist with production and design of all collateral pieces, including brochures, catalogs, flyers, order forms, pocket schedules, signage and posters, and game-day publications.
- Assist in maintaining the archival and catalog system of the Reds’ digital photo library
- Design using Adobe CC on a Mac or PC platform
- Edit and prepare all projects for final outsource to print
- Consult all internal customers on the specific processes and procedures of the Reds Creative Services department as well as work with team photographers, external vendors and commercial printers
Experience, Education and Licensure
- Bachelors degree in graphic design, communication arts or a similar area of study is mandatory
- 2-3 years’ experience in the field is mandatory
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate for this position must be a multi-talented visual artist who thrives in a team environment for a deadline-oriented department.
- Exceptional project management skills are essential.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is mandatory.
- Strong knowledge of the printing process is a must.
- A flexible schedule is vital, as the demands of the job may include some evening hours.
- Because of the nature of the department’s projects, a strong knowledge of the Cincinnati Reds and Major League Baseball is essential.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
- Perform duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet Department productivity standards
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.