Camelback Ranch - Glendale, the Spring Training home of the Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago White Sox, is now accepting applications/resumes for the following position:
Reports to: Landscape Manager
Landscapers will be responsible for maintaining landscape for all common areas, landscapes and surrounding right of ways for the entire facility to the highest standard.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow planned landscape, irrigation and chemical spraying programs.
- Care for established lawns by cutting, aerating, verticutting, top-dressing and weeding; trim and edge around trees, walks and walls.
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges.
- Report landscape issues such as pests, weeds, disease, irrigation problems, etc.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides or insecticides onto grass, shrubs and trees using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders and properly documents application/usage.
- Operate powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, chain-saws, electric clippers and sod cutters.
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, hedge and brush trimmers and axes.
- Ensure use of proper equipment and adhere to safety standards and precautions.
- Maintain, clean and repair tools, equipment and structures.
- Prepare daily task sheets and include all requested information.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, planters and other grounds features.
- Gather and remove litter.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements/Qualifications: The physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid Arizona Driver License or demonstration of the ability to immediately obtain one.
- Ability to develop effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Good health with the ability to lift up to 100 pounds and push and pull heavy objects. Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time and work in extreme heat and harsh conditions.
- Strong communication skills; the ability to verbally communicate at a level that ensures productivity and quality of work.