Do you love baseball? Are you a Miami Marlins fan? Would your ideal job be located at Marlins Park? If you answered yes, read on!
We are Tickets.com, a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball. We are in search of a Field Technician, someone who is an enthusiastic, self-starter to support our client, the Miami Marlins. You will be part of a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation whose mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
You will be working at Marlins Park in Miami, Florida ensuring that all Tickets.com equipment in an assigned geographical area is well-maintained and quickly repaired when it breaks down. You will accomplish this through regular preventive maintenance visits and troubleshooting/repairs by phone or in person. You will be required to carry a cell phone at assigned times and respond promptly to any issues as well as provide support and training for all outlets.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Repairing all Tickets.com system-related peripheral equipment.
- Performing preventive maintenance and repair, as needed on all equipment such as thermal ticket printers, computers, monitors, terminal servers, handheld ticket scanners, Cisco routers, and networking and data communications gear.
- Troubleshooting repair problems via telephone. Site visits can be reduced by effectively troubleshooting over the telephone.
- Making regularly scheduled preventive maintenance visits to all assigned client and ticket center locations.
- Continually improving your understanding of current technical issues, devices and technologies associated with Tickets.com systems. Ensuring an understanding of Tickets.com system wiring, connectivity and methods for utilizing device indicators to assist in troubleshooting.
- Providing support and training for all outlets.
- All other duties as assigned.
Nice to have:
- Minimum two (2) years Technical experience
- Technical Degree or equivalent. A+ and Network + preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Detail oriented, organized, proven ability to follow up on tasks
- Self-starter, able to prioritize and work independently
- Ability to work well with others and provide constructive feedback
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Some night and evening work as required.
If you think you’re a great fit for this opportunity, we’ve love to hear from you!
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer