Reporting to the Director, Production & Operations, the Motion Graphic Designer and Editor is responsible for producing and distributing audio/visual content in a wide array of mediums for the Scoreboard Production Department. This position creates audio/visual content including in-park content, commercials, PSAs, rich media, social media, promotions, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce, edit and deliver creative audio/visual content for game day and non-game day projects including but not limited to pump videos, interviews, highlights, commercials, etc.
- Produce, edit and deliver creative broadcast quality audio/visual content through TV and Radio Broadcast Affiliates, nationals.com, MLBAM, MLB Network and all other Nationals broadcasting, web and rich media as well as video duplications in multiple formats.
- Produce, edit and deliver long and short form audio/visual projects.
- Produce field and studio shoots.
- Produce, edit and deliver audio/visual content to internal departments.
- Assist with the development of new and innovative fan entertainment concepts.
- Ensure Nationals branding is implemented in all audio/visual productions.
- Operate game day production equipment as needed.
- Travel to Spring Training for up to 2 weeks to obtain seasonal content.
- Assist the Director, Production & Operations in any projects outside of essential duties as needed.
- Work with upper management and other department staff as requested
- Train and work with interns and freelance staff as needed
- Work with outside Branding and Production companies as requested
- Other creative duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with non-linear editing systems (Premiere), motion graphics programs (After Effects), DVD creation programs, graphics programs (Photoshop, Illustrator), professional video cameras, and professional lighting, grip and audio equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Ability to produce and create new and exciting video and graphical content.
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism on their creative work.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must possess strong decision-making skills and be very detail oriented.
- Must be Mac savvy.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Nationals schedule, players, baseball statistics, rules and records.
- Must possess interpersonal communication skills (oral and written).
- Must be able to work ALL home games.
- Must be able to work the extended hours of game days and specials events as scheduled.
- Must be comfortable interacting with high profile clients.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Professional baseball and/or other professional sports production experience.
- Experience with 3D software.
- Experience with interchangeable lens cameras and advanced camera support systems.
- Experience with control room equipment
- File Based Slow Motion Video Players (EVS)
- Character Generators (Chyron)
- Clip Players (Click Effects)
- Statistics Programs (ScorePad)
- Routing Systems
- Video Shading
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Must be able to work at computer monitors for extended periods of time.
- Occasional domestic travel will be required.