Department:Ball Park Operations
Job Title:Public Safety Officer
Reports To:Director of Public Safety
FLSA:Full Time, Hourly, Nonexempt
Job Purpose: Public Safety Officers are primarily responsible for providing security and safety services to the employees, guests, partners, and vendors of Great American Ballpark along with other Ball club controlled facilities including but not limited to the Goodyear Training site and Urban Youth Academy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a secure environment to Great American Ball Park, the Urban Youth Academy and Goodyear through proper access control procedures
- Assist and screen visitors, Cincinnati Reds employees, vendors and partners in an efficient manner for admittance to the site or facility including searching bags and vehicles
- Monitor the security system, the entrances and exits for Great American Ball Park, the Urban Youth Academy and Goodyear
- Prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; control entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operate gates and examine vehicle contents; monitor remote entrances using closed circuit television; operate remote access devices.
- Deal with unauthorized or disorderly persons escorting them from our property
- Patrol the Great American Ball Park and the Urban Youth Academy on foot or in vehicle; checking for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, mechanical problems and unauthorized persons
- Conduct investigations of any crime or any other incident including accidents, emergencies or security investigations; set up barriers and signage and provide direction or information to others while properly protecting any crime or accident scene.
- Prepare logs or reports as required for Great American Ball Park, the Urban Youth Academy, and Goodyear
- Observe and report incidents or suspicious activity to the Cincinnati Reds Public Safety Director as appropriate for the circumstances
- Respond to incidents of criminal activity, fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the Cincinnati Reds
- Insure the facility is in compliance with all OSHA regulations
- Monitor the fire and emergency security system
- Make identification badges
- Must adhere to high professional standards in regards to confidential information and investigations
- Carry out any other tasks or duties of a public safety and security nature as directed
Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning is highly preferred
- At least 5 years of successful and progressive experience in the field of public law enforcement or private corporate security preferred
- Must be familiar with Windows operating systems, Microsoft software, security technology such as cameras and access control and communications equipment
- Good administrative skills and written communication ability
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to professionally interact and with high profile individuals
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and successfully build relationships
- A current or recently expired State of Ohio peace officers and/or security officer certification(s) is preferred
- Currently certified in Emergency First Aid, CPR, AED or holding a EMT or Paramedic certification is preferred
- Willing to work in a shift-work oriented environment on a permanent, temporary or rotation basis along with being available for call-in during times of need
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment however employee may have “game-day” responsibilities where the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet Department productivity standards
Important things to know before you apply: Any offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background investigation and psychological testing. Accordingly, you will be required to complete the Cincinnati Reds application forms and other such documentation as may be necessary to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Pursuant to Major League Baseball, and in accordance with applicable law, you may be required to submit to a drug screen prior to and during your employment.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.